Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Dragon Clef

The Dragon Clef is the symbol of the Brick Marching Dragons.  Today was their end of band camp pool party and I wanted to make them something special, so I made a Dragon Clef cake.

First, the icing.  This is just the Viva paper towel buttercream icing.


Then I took the 2 round cakes & made this shape. 

Iced it with the buttercream and here is where the Viva paper towel comes into the picture.  The icing is the kind you can smooth to look like fondant.  It's very easy to make and loved by everyone but me.  I will eat a little bit of it, but it's too sweet for me, I like whipped cream.  But I can't do this with whipped cream! 


Once it's set & smoothed, I take a tooth pick & drew the Dragon Clef in the icing.  This is one of those tips that when I read it I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it sooner.  It works well from drawing designs like this or just writing Happy Birthday so it all fits!

Then I filled in the drawing.

Not too shabby if I do say so myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment