Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Valentine Tree

Back on January 17th I posted that I was going to draw a tree on my wall.  You can read the blog here

Tree on the Wall

Here is what I drew out

Believe it or not, I finally did it.

First I drew it out with chalk. 

I used colored chalk because I had it and the walls are a very very light shade of green.  I think it's called Celery Ice.

Then I painted the tree and branches
I originally wanted to paint leaves 2 colors, but I didn't like the 2nd color I bought, so they're all the same color.

My 8 year old neighbor told me I was a better artist then the grammar school art teacher.
WOOT! 
Gotta love that!
I think it came out pretty good but I've been wanting to do another coat and haven't gotten around to it.

Last night I came home from teaching my night class and dear husband tells me he made my valentine's day present but I'll end up seeing it that night when we go to bed.   I was confused until I walked up the stairs.

 
He added our initials to the tree <3

How sweet is that? 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Your tree is awesome and your hubby is beyond awesome! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete