Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 16, 2012

Update on me

I know I've been whining a lot lately when it comes to talking about myself, and I apologize for that.  But I was in a lot of pain.  And the pain was hard to deal with because it was every day.  And I was gaining weight like a pregnant woman (no I'm not pregnant).

I've gained back 20 pounds of the 66 I lost.  First 10 or so when I quit smoking & was taking steroids for what docs thought was a chest muscle injury.  Then another 10 of holiday & feeding the pain pounds.

What is "feeding the pain?"  Very basically, it's being too miserable to care about what you're eating.  I spent a lot of time eating comfort foods.  Only they didn't comfort me and now I'm uncomfortable in my skin.

But I have a turned a corner!
I'm not in so much pain anymore!
I see the light!
My jeans don't look good anymore!
I have summer clothes I bought last summer that aren't going to fit if I don't get moving!

Time to stop feeding the pain!

I've been doing Low Carb, but I'm burnt out on it.  Low Carb is a GREAT way to lose weight.  But I just need to do something different to shake things up.  I'm not really active again yet, I'm slowly getting back to exercising, so I really need to shake up my way of eating.  

I honestly considered HCG, but the thought of 500 calories EVERY DAY and ingesting a hormone...  well it just doesn't sit well with me.  And I know it works.  I have a friend who had been struggling with losing weight for YEARS and was able to take it all off in just a few months doing HCG.  Also, you have to remember I have 2 kids, so I want to be a good role model for them where it comes to eating healthy.

In my latest research of looking for something different to do, I discovered JUDDD.  Yes it's supposed to have 3 D's.  

JUDDD stands for Johnson's Up Day Down Day.  It's also known as an Alternate Day diet.

In a nutshell, you do one day of 500 calories and the next day your normal amount of calories.  If you do a search on JUDDD you can find a calculator to figure out your calories.  My UD is around 2000. 

I wandered into a forum and asked "is it really that simple?  One day up & one day down?  And I got a RESOUNDING YES!

So I'm giving it a try.  

I started with an UD on Wednesday and Thursday was my first 500 calorie DD.  I won't say it was easy, but it wasn't OMG hard.  I bought some 100 calorie protein shakes & bars.  I have these Coco cakes (aka Cannon cakes) that are 16 calories each.  They're not great alone, but they did the trick yesterday.  

I'm not good about measuring food so I'm not 100% sure I stuck to 500 calories but I'm within 20ish.  I'm good with that. 


One of the things I am doing for exercise is walking the beach. I'm down there at least 3 times a week doing my Beach Writings and looking for Beach Glass. So I've been walking while I'm there. It's a good cardio & strength without the impact I have to be careful of.  


So that's the latest on me.  Oh wait I forgot something..


I was interviewed this week by a writer from the Asbury Park Press for a Sunday piece on my business.  :D  Not exactly sure when it's going to run, but once it does - well I can't imagine what life will be like then!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I would edit the blog, but this is fine too. When I said I had gained back 20lbs that was a guess on what I had seen on the scale Tuesday (18lbs gain) and what I ate on Tuesday & Wednesday. Even with a DD yesterday.

    I very cautiously stepped on the scale knowing full well it could have been something that made me sad, but it was quite the opposite. After 48 oz of coffee, 20 ounces of iced tea & a egg & cheese on a LC wrap for breakfast, I'm down a FULL POUND. I wonder what it would have been had I weighed this morning before I drank or ate anything.

    So as of today, I'm up 17lbs!

    ReplyDelete