Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 6, 2012

Ahhh sunrise

Sunrise is a beautiful thing. 

And it's great natural dramatic light, which looks amazing in the beach writings.



The problem with sunrise is the time it happens.

Do you know in June that sunrise is somewhere around 5:20 am???

That means if I want to catch it I have to leave around 5am.

Yeah I know, cry me a river...  I have to drive 3.3 miles down the road to watch the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean. I can feel your pity party from here.

LOL

The problem isn't even getting up and going to the beach that early, it's the rest of the day.  

I'm practically useless, I'm not as young as I used to be! (well none of us are, but you get my drift)

Really... because I never think to go to bed at a decent time, even knowing I am getting up BEFORE the sun!  So I stumble to bed around 11:30 - fall asleep around midnight & get JARRED awake by my alarm at like 4:45 (have to have time to make coffee).

Shower?  Yeah no reason for that! I can do that after I wake up again.  Because I always think I can go back to sleep when I come home.

Nope... by then the sun is up and I want to see the pictures I've taken.  Usually pour a 2nd cup of coffee while waiting for the pictures to upload.

Then around noon, I'm cranky and no one likes a cranky Suzie!

But I love sunrise. 




I mean, how can you not?  Watching a new day start, standing on the edge of the world...
It's empowering and humbling at the same time.

With all that said, I have decided to start charging extra if you request your beach writing be done at sunrise.

It's not that I don't want to do it, it's just that it requires an extra trip.  95% of my orders want the regular sunlight 




So over the next few days I will be adding notes to my listings letting them know if you want your pictures to be done at sunrise, there will be an extra charge.

Not a whole lot more, but just enough to compensate for the extra trip.

But that is all I am changing.  You will still be able to have the pictures emailed to you so you can either print them at home or use your local printer to have your photos printed!

OH and be on the lookout for some new jewelry I'm making!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment