Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday at the Jersey Shore

So we're still without power.  But we're doing ok.

The Governor just said in a news conference that over 50% of the homes in Mantoloking have been destroyed.  Ok I don't have a home in Mantoloking & my heart goes out to those who do have a beach house or a home on the barrier island - but I'm so sad my beach is destroyed.

Have you see this picture?


That's the bridge from Brick into Mantoloking & it's the way I drove to get to the beach.

Sigh

Ok went up to Point Pleasant to do some Beach Writings today & here are some pictures I wanted to share.

Mini golf at the south end of the boardwalk

looking back from the beach


Random piece of debris

Looking back at the boardwalk

That's my older son

Martells Tiki Bar in the distance. No idea of it's condition.

This is a street. 

Patrolling the beach.

Point was hit, but from the pictures I've seen of other places, it's not as bad there.  It looks like it snowed sand there and then got terribly flooded.  No power & lots of lines down.

We will rebuild, no bitch named Sandy is going to get the better of a Jersey Girl (or guy)

No comments:

Post a Comment