Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Welcome Roadkill Rescuers!  Please take a moment to check out my Beach Writing & Sea Glass store while you're here!!  Thanks! ---->

If you've been reading my blog, you might remember a post a did in August of 2011 about the wicker chairs I saved from the garbage dump (ok my neighbors curb) and made them all pretty again.

http://thejerseyshoremom.blogspot.com/2011/08/reduce-reuse-recyle-wicker-chairs.html

Well I've been at it again.

We FINALLY caught up with technology and bought a flat panel television and hung it on the wall.

The table we had the old tv on was quickly becoming a clutter spot.  You know what a clutter spot is.  It's that spot that everyone dumps everything.  Obviously we needed a piece of furniture that was smaller but still had room for the Fios box & the Wii, etc.

I saw on Craigslist that there was a house near me that was giving things away for free.  I wandered over there and as soon as I walked in the door, I found it.


That is a stock photo.  While is looks just like the one I found, mine was beat to hell!  Scratches & drawn on.  Also it stunk from stale cigarette smoke.  

So I left it outside
then I cleaned it
and sanded it
then cleaned it again.

Took the drawers out and the tract for the drawers. I didn't want drawers, I wanted shelves.  Thankfully it already had a piece of wood under each drawer so that made things easier.

I left it outside for another day or two and then the painting started.

I am in LOVE with Kona Brown.  It's a spray paint from Painters Touch.  I coated the outside and once that was dry, I gave it a 2nd coat.

Now for the inside. I knew I wanted it to be a color that went with the room, but not the exact same color as the room.  Well I had a sample left over from picking colors for the room, so I used that.

And this is the finished project.


Once the room is finished I'll do better pictures.  

But I really like the way this came out. 



2 comments:

  1. Very cool and awesome you got for free! Amazing what you can do with a little elbow grease and some paint! Dig that color too!! Hope all is well and that you and yours are enjoying a wonderful spring season!! Take care and hope to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I love the turquoise on the inside the most!

    ReplyDelete