Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Friday afternoon at the boardwalk

Yesterday afternoon my 11 yo & I decided to go to Seaside.  I wanted to get out and walk and he wanted to play some claw games.

Because of the new STUPID law of having to stop for people in the crosswalk, I just parked at the north end of town where we came in.  Seriously folks, NJ has a law that even if you're barreling down the road at 40mpg (speed limit) driving a full cement truck, if someone steps off the curb in a crosswalk, you HAVE to stop or get a ticket.

OH and the cops set up stings too.  So I now HATE driving through the resort towns, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, which means less business for those stores along the barrier island.  (Yes, a good portion of the Jersey Shore is on a barrier island.  If you don't know what a barrier island is, please go look it up.)

So the Jersey Shore house happens to be at the north end of the boardwalk where we parked.  And they're filming.

I didn't give it a second thought.  Though I am still wondering if the picture ever made it in the house... guess I'll find out when this season airs.

So my little guy & I walked down the boardwalk playing in different arcades.  As we were walking back I saw camera crew coming out of one of restaurants.  We stopped to look and it was Pauly, Vinny & Deena.

Deena is tiny.  Pauly's hair is perfectly level and Vinny is really cute in person.

I didn't stop to talk or gawk or anything. If my son wasn't with me I might have asked if they ever saw the stick figure drawing, ut I was not going to run the chance of him being on camera.  Yes I know I would have to sign a waiver for them to use any footage of him, but I wasn't going to risk it.  So we just kept walking.

Every once in a while he would look back and say "they're still following us!"  LOL

So if you want to see the cast definitely head to the boardwalk during a week day.  A few years ago when we were there and they were filming, the crowd surrounding them walking down the boardwalk was HUGE... yesterday there were like 5 people.

A few vendors even yelled nasty things at them.  I was a little pissed off about that because my son got an earful... (not like he's never heard a curse word... someone around here had a potty mouth) but that is what happens when you walk the boardwalk in Seaside.






No comments:

Post a Comment