Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cookies from Cake Mix

I made these a while ago when my niece & nephew were hanging out for the day with my kids.  We ended up decorating them too.

Cake mix goes on sale occasionally and if I think about it, I buy a few boxes.  Not too many, we all already have slow metabolisms, don't need to make it worse.

Anyway, the recipe to make these is so easy.

Preheat oven to 350

1 box of cake mix. I used Pilsbury chocolate
1 stick of butter (half cup) softened
1 egg
2 tablespoons of water

Mix it all up & drop it in balls on a cookie sheet.  Cook for 9 - 12 minutes

For these, I cooked them for 10 minutes, then added a half of a marshmallow to half of the cookies & returned them to the oven for 10 minutes.

Took them out, let them cook slightly and moved to cooling rack while making sandwiches.  As you can see in the back, at first I was flipping them over, but they I realized they weren't too hot and I could make them the right way.

I made 8 and they were gone in 10 seconds flat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment